H1N1 Flu Information
Information about H1N1 Flu
The Louisiana Community and Technical College System is currently monitoring the H1N1 flu situation that is threatening our nation. We are working to help keep faculty, staff and students informed. We have compiled a variety of links as well as other helpful information that will assist you in protecting yourself.
Faculty, staff, and students should also monitor their college web sites, the news media, and official public sources concerning the outbreak and appropriate actions to take.
What you can do to stay healthy
The CDC gives the following recommendations:
There are everyday actions people can take to stay healthy.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hands cleaners are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
Try to avoid close contact with sick people:
- Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people.
- If you get sick, CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
General Information Links about Swine Flu