BATON ROUGE, La. - Today, the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors announced the Chancellor Search Committee and tentative timeline in the search for the next Chancellor of Nunez Community College. The goal of the comprehensive national search is to identify the best fit for the college moving forward.
In keeping with the LCTCS Board of Supervisors bylaws and policies, Board Chairman Tim Hardy appointed a Chancellor Search Committee to manage the process of selecting the next chancellor. Board of Supervisor Michael Murphy will serve as Search Committee Chairman.
The search committee is comprised of LCTCS Board members, community members, college faculty and staff, and a student representative.
- LCTCS Board of Supervisors:
- Michael Murphy, Search Committee Chair
- Tim Hardy, Board Chair
- Woody Oge, Board of Supervisors
- Mark Spears, Board of Supervisors
- Nunez Community College Faculty:
- Nick Slie, Academic Representative, Faculty Senate
- President Michelle Bennett, Technical Representative
- Nunez Community College Staff:
- Becky Maillet, Dean of Students
- Nunez Community College Student Representative:
- Mariella Di Cristina, Student Government President
- Community Members:
- Doris Voitier, St. Bernard Parish School Board
- Walt Leger, Jr., Attorney, Leger Shaw
- Kim Keene, St. Bernard Parish Hospital
Nunez Community College - Tentative Chancellor Search Timeline
- Nov. 8th, 2017
- Board of Supervisors Announces Finalists
- Nov.13th & 14th, 2017
- Campus Forums and Search Committee Interviews with Finalists at Nunez
- Dec. 13th, 2017
System President Recommends Finalist at December Board meeting The Board will be assisted by the Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) to conduct the search. ACCT, a non-profit organization and national executive search firm based in Washington, DC, has completed over 400 CEO Executive Searches.