Baton Rouge, La. - Today, the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors announced the Chancellor Search Committee for the next Chancellor of South Louisiana Community College (SLCC). The goal of the comprehensive national search is to identify the best fit for SLCC moving forward. The search committee represents the diverse cultural composition of the greater Lafayette and Acadiana region and includes representation of the college’s broad stakeholder group. The search committee will be chaired by Timothy Hardy, Partner, Breazeale, Sachse, and Wilson, and LCTCS Board of Supervisor.
The full search committee is comprised of LCTCS Board members, as well as SLCC community members, college faculty and staff, and a student representative.
- Timothy W. Hardy, Search Committee Chair, LCTCS Board of Supervisors
- Alterman L. “Chip” Jackson, LCTCS Board of Supervisors
- Tari Bradford, LCTCS Board of Supervisors
- Willie Mount, LCTCS Board of Supervisors
- Brett Mellington, Manager of Business Development, Lafayette Economic Development Authority; President of the SLCC Foundation
- Darcee Bex, Ed.D., SLCC Interim Vice Chancellor of Academic and Student Affairs Dean of STEM, Transportation & Energy
- Jeremy Bazile, Attorney, Glenn Armentor Law Corporation; SLCC Foundation Board Member
- Leslie Greco, ED., Medical Director, Iberia Medical Center; SLCC Foundation Board Member
- Patrick Fontenot, President/CEO, Williams Progressive Life Insurance
- Patrick Gibbens, SLCC Faculty Senate President
- Samantha Leger, SLCC SGA President
Tanya St. Julian, SLCC Associate Professor, Industrial Electronics Technology; Department Chair, STEM, Transportation, and Energy Division; and Department Chair, Applied Engineering
The Board will be assisted by the Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) to conduct the search. ACCT, a non-profit organization and national executive search firm based in Washington, DC, has completed more than 400 Executive Searches.
ABOUT SOUTH LOUISIANA COMMUNITY COLLEGE
South Louisiana Community College is a comprehensive community college that operates campuses in Abbeville, Crowley, Franklin, Lafayette, Morgan City, New Iberia, Opelousas, St. Martinville, and Ville Platte. The college serves more than 15,000 students annually and offers an array of academic programs. Students earn associate degrees, technical diplomas, certificates, and industry-based certifications. It is ranked 14th among the Top 100 Associate Degree Producers as determined by Community College Week.